Sora to ito - MUCC Italian Forum

ROCK AND READ 35: Tatsuro, Aprile 2011

« Older   Newer »
DarkTrish
view post Posted on 22/9/2011, 21:21 by: DarkTrish

-----Seconda Parte----

I think MUCC was just lucky (laughs). I really think we were fortunate. Because we haven’t experienced any hardship.

–Even the name was a product of coincidence. Still, I’m one to want some kind of drama behind-the-scenes, so I’d like to believe that there was some kind of inevitability.
I understand how you feel, but I think MUCC was just lucky (laughs). I really think we are a fortunate band. I think over half of whether a band continues lies on “luck.” I also think timing is another big factor. Since it’s the same with your encounter with people. In our case, if any one of us had been born a year later or earlier, we wouldn’t have ended up this way.

–Yes. If YUKKE-san was your senior, then things must have been different.
Yeah. If our encounter had been different even by a day, the story would have been different.

–When you think about it like that, what would you say was MUCC’s biggest fortune?
I wonder what it is? Probably the fact that cali≠gari is our senior. That cali≠gari is our senior from our hometown. I think it was huge that they were Miya and YUKKE’s direct seniors.

–As in you learned the how-to for playing in a band from them. You mentioned something like that in the past.
Yeah. I think that was really big. Because cali≠gari has a sense of genre that isn’t like the traditional Visual-kei……. I think they were slowly going through a path that no one has ever gone through. They created something of their own. We were able to easily walk through the path that they had created. We are all aware of that and there wouldn’t be the MUCC now without cali≠gari. I think that was our biggest “lucky.”

–On the other hand, cali≠gari’s Ao-san may be lucky, having MUCC say that about them.
No, no, no (laughs). But really, I think we were fortunate. Because we haven’t experienced any hardship.

–You’re going to be that blunt about it!
Well, we are working hard, of course, but we’ve seen people who were struggling much more than us. Compared to those people, our hardships aren’t even hardships. It’s so with cali≠gari and La Vie en Rose.

–Still, you didn’t just simply walk the rail laid by your seniors, and you guys must have had your own strategies?
Yeah. But it was mostly based on intuition. All of us act on intuition.

–But that doesn’t mean all four of your intuitions lead to the same answer?
Miya and me are usually the ones to have a “vague hunch.” Like, we sort of feel a certain way. In Miya’s case, there are a lot of times when it’s complemented with some kind of backing. He says stuff like, “It seems there’s a trend like this approaching in the music scene, so I think we should do it like this,” and he’s acting upon a mix of what he’s thinking and his intuition. But in my case, it’s just a hunch. It nothing but a feeling. I’m deciding, “it’s like this” on a vague sense of balance. But I think the others must believe in my intuition. I also go along with Miya’s because I admire how he’s thinking things through and has a hunch with some support. I think the others are also going along with it because they think so too.

–Does that mean you haven’t had many regrets relying on your intuition?
Ahh, yeah.

–You haven’t experienced any I -was-wrong’s?
We did of course…… I do regret it like, “I was wrong!” and I do think reflecting on your mistakes is important, but I think it’s meaningless to be tied down by them. I think, “Why didn’t I do it like that that time?” is the most useless conversation. I think, “If doing that was a mistake, then just don’t do it next time.” Like, let’s move on. And I just consider it as having “paid a high price for the lesson” to learn that.

–You really do give up nicely.
Yeah (laughs). Because it’s the most useless thing. You’ve already paid the price so you should just apply that next time. There’s really no other choice.

–So, apply the motive toward recovery?
Yeah. If you’re going to be that fixated on it.

–Were you always like that? For example, even if you tripped and were last place in a race or if you got a bad grade because of some silly mistakes, you were a kid that didn’t think much of it?
I didn’t care at all. My transition was fast in the past too. I hated impracticality.

–But, I don’t think Tatsuro-san is a very practical person.
Yeah. I don’t think I’m very practical. I just hate impracticality so I think, “Why are we doing this now?” I start to wonder, “Is this something we have to do right now?” Of course, there are times when I think, “I don’t have to do this now, but it’s fun so it’s okay,” but that’s a matter of values.

–So it’s different from wanting to get on with life easily?
It’s different from wanting that. What I get most frustrated about is…… for example, I have my own time schedule for the day planned out in my head. I have to go to the office at X o’clock, and I’ll finish my work at around Y o’clock. Then, I’ll have a few hours before I have to go to the next place, and there’s a store open during those hours, so I’ll do some shopping there. I think up a schedule that’ll go pretty smoothly beforehand like that. But then, I get to the office and right when we finish, someone says, “Sorry, but do you have 30 minutes?” and asks to hold a meeting on the spot. That’s when I think, “Ehhhhh!” (laughs). Like, “why didn’t you tell me about it earlier?” That makes me pissed (laughs).

–With MUCC, there are times when other members are late to those said meetings and the work is delayed.
Well, there’s that, too (laughs). But I recently learned a trick. When I really want to go somewhere by a certain time, or when an unplanned meeting comes up, I forcefully end the meeting. With skillful words (laughs).

–What an intellectual crime (laughs).
Well, you know how there are some things that you can’t answer on the spot. When I judge it’s one of those, I ask, “We don’t have to do this now, right?” Like, “If we still have time, then wouldn’t it be better to go home and think about it on our own and then come back to share our opinions?”

–I see. So instead of rushing to a conclusion, you rush to judge whether it’s necessary to reach a conclusion on the spot or not.
Yeah. If it’s necessary to make a decision now or not. I think about if it’s necessary to continue the conversation or not.

Fonte : [Apr. 2011] ROCK AND READ 035: Tatsuro (MUCC) (2/6)

4 replies since 21/9/2011, 00:12   210 views